Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Crazy Ride

We have had nonstop rain for about 2 weeks now. It's filled a 5 gallon bucket and is supposed to keep on coming, but today was pretty clear. So after luging myself out of bed, I went to the barn. Even though my stomach felt like it was going to explode.


Drift started out badly. He was freaking out and spooky and just insane until we got going down the road. I dropped my stirrups and reins and just texted the whole time. We had a few interesting run-ins, but he didn't bat an eye. A boxer and lab tried to chase us, the crazy mares tried to kill us, a gardening crew was working on a yard, and I made him stop so I could pet a new dog in the neighborhood. 


I went to Callie's house and we clipped Drift for the first time. He did fine until the flies got bad and he got bored.




Then we rode! The road was washed out and the sinkholes were getting worse. A new one popped up. So we checked them out! He was fine around it all.





We went to the hay field to gallop a bit, and stopped when the horses started getting crazy. Then trekked to the fields by Callie's house!! We lapped the flooded pond and wandered back to my barn. 


No comments:

Post a Comment