Sunday, May 11, 2014

Jumping

Neither of the boys have really jumped at all since like last year sometime. Whoops. I WAS planning on just doing some basic dressage stuff with Drift today to calm him a bit and get him back in the groove.. But that plan got screwed when I dragged some logs over. So I went to catch Drift anyway and realsies just how photogenic my horses are...



Thanks, guys.. Anyway so I tacked Drift up. English at first but my English stuff still doesn't fit him so after the second fall due to slipping saddle issues, I went western. And he actually jumped REALLY well once he got over being really fresh.



Ray was a whole other story... He refused every jump for over an hour and threw me once after LAUNCHING himself over a log. I eventually got him going a bit. 



So yeah! Pretty good day even though I'm going to hurt like all get out tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment