Monday, October 6, 2014

Belated posting

Well I totally forgot to post about my last ride with my birdy girl. Whoops. I had a stomach virus and managed to fight drowsiness after taking my meds enough to ride with Callie some. Luckily the trunk of my beloved camry is just glorious..


So Pidge was super easy to catch, lead, tack, and mount as always. Ray was super jealous of her and Riley was just being kind of dense, running around trying to be affectionate to all of us at once. Pigeon was eager to see the neighbor's mares and resisted walking off down the road, so I tapped her with my heels a few times before keeping constant pressure and I turned her away from the other horses. She eventually walked on with no hesitation.


We met Callie and Two Step, let them tack up, and put sport boots on Pigeon for the first time. She didn't even walk funny and was doing great!



And we were off! We headed over to the ranch for just a quick ride before dinner.



Pigeon let us move gates, even from her back! She was a bit sluggish and when Ray and Riley started up, she just wanted to go back to them. I kept on her and moved her away from them, asking her to buddy up with Two by maintaining the same position and letting her relax. 




We were passed by a tractor and a dump truck full of rocks, and she never even flinched. She's making great progress getting over her fear of cars!


Further back on the property, we spooked up about 15 turkey's. Pidge and Two stayed pretty calm, regardless. 



She was really sweaty and tired when we got back, so she got a treat and cooled off on the walk back to the other horses. 


Enjoy some really belated pictures from like a week ago!









No comments:

Post a Comment