Sunday, December 14, 2014

Holiday pony torture

Oh I had fun with this.


After putting a fresh bale of hay out and trying my new bridles on Pigeon, I took Christmas pictures of my furry babies. It was a pain. Highly not reccomended. 


Pigeon was up first because I needed her anyway. She was NOT happy AT ALL. (When is she ever?) I had pulled her away from her fresh new hay and Ray and Riley were being idiots behind her and it was 38 degrees... I don't blame her. Did I get ANY pictures of her looking happy?


I got one that makes it look like she was considering eating ME instead of her hay. Which is actually a really scary thought. Ironically enough, that happened to me before with a different horse.. Hmm.. 


I wasn't actually going to post this but she just looks so freakin' angry it makes me giggle. It's probably a good thing she kept her ears like that. More Santa hat stability, I suppose. Regardless, it kind of frustrates me because she's the ONLY ONE without her ears forward in the collage I did. Thanks, Pidge. Way to be that horse, ya party pooper.


When I put her back in the pasture, I caught Ray. I figured I would take his pictures first so Riley would see him being calm about it (because he's calm about everything else) and it would be easier to take hers. I was wrong. If he sort of resembles a really scared 2-year-old in these pictures, it's because he was more or less terrified. Shocking, right?


Then he just really didn't care at all. He relaxed some and didn't move his ears or body at all so it wouldn't fall off. This is actually a really funny thing because I've put so much stuff on him that he just KNOWS to not move now. He is my furry table-closet.


Riley was a character. She was trying to eat the hat from the moment she laid eyes on it. She didn't care about me putting it on her head, but Ray was being a jerk and she didn't want me to walk away. I AM the treat machine, don't cha know?


Riley, where are you going? Stop following me, I'm trying to get a picture of you. 


This is why we can't have nice things. Luckily the hat scared Ray more than it scared her. Ignore her hooves, we're scheduled to have the farrier come out but he's also a slaughterhouse worker dude and getting him out is a pain, especially with the weather as bad as it has been. 


Aw I finally got not only a super cute Christmas picture, but a cute picture of 2 cute ponies being adorable together at the same time! Thanks for photo bombing, Ray. 

No comments:

Post a Comment