Friday, December 5, 2014

Special Delivery!

My dad went to his first horse & tack auction last weekend, and picked up an O ring bit and a new set of weaver clip-on reins for me. I have some REALLY abused weaver clip-on split reins that I absolutely ADORE, and he knows how much I love them. I'm glad I got some loop reins this time, though!



So Dover has their 12 days of Christmas sale going on, and I've yet to get anything from that. HOWEVER, I got a Suffolk brand Dressage bridle and a Suffolk brand hunter/snaffle bridle during their Black Friday sale for like 60% off. Which means the normally $100+ bridles were $50-$60. And I got $10 off. 


I was so excited that I checked my tracker every 10 minutes and even passed the UPS store every day (which I do anyway) 


But when I got home today, I saw this beautiful little (well, over 5lbs and bigger than my feet) white bag sitting on my porch. After pulling the millions of layers of packing tape off, giving up, and tearing open the bag, I had three lumps of leather and plastic fall out along with my receipt and magazine. 


AND the smell of leather and packaging fills my room! I pull out the three bridles (one is for a friend of mine-saving on shipping there) and start the opening frenzy. 


Please note the scissors. These things are packaged ridiculously well. Like... 'Don't touch' well. I still haven't got the bits that I want, so I used my new O Ring on the dressage bridle and an old, slightly rusted D ring that I use as a decoration on the snaffle bridle. 


After about 20 minutes, I had the dressage bridle somewhat figured out. EXCEPT that I forgot to put the browband on. Actually, I did the same to the other bridle while I was putting IT together. I was mildly frustrated when I sat back-right onto both browbands. 



I FINALLY got the bridles disassembled, browbands put on, and bridles reassembled. The dressage bridle has FABULOUS padding, I almost like it better than the Crown bridle I got last year. ALMOST. However, I wasn't too impressed by the other bridle. The leather was thin and although supple, felt plasticky. The stitching was lovely, although more plain than my Crown bridle. I don't see myself using this one too much... 


TA-DAAAAA! I think I got part of the dressage bridle out on wrong, but whatever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment