Sunday, July 13, 2014

Hot ride

Alright.. Going back to I frequently have really bad ideas. The heat index has been over 105 all weekend, and I've been working through the worst of it. We went to tunica yesterday and got back this morning.


 It isn't even lunch yet and the heat index is already 98, so naturally I decided to ride. Ray was super easy to catch and didn't really fuss about being groomed or sprayed for flies so that was my good sign I guess. I decided to use a saddle mainly because I wanted to tie the mecate on my new bridle to it. I was too hot to care about tying it up correctly though.




It was a pretty standard trail ride. Just through the fields behind my house up to the road and back around. He did spook at a piece of plastic, though. He's still trying to get used to the rope halter thing, but actually started neck reining today! I'm really proud of my boy.





Got back and reapplied fly spray after untacking. I switched out bridles and rode him bareback back to the barn! 




Naturally he drank some of his fresh, freezing cold water and went to roll. I'll see you tomorrow for your mani-pedi, raybe!!



No comments:

Post a Comment