Wednesday, July 2, 2014

New gear

Yeah so I got paid and I blew all my cash faster than the speed of light. My Dover package was over 5lbs, and I swear 3lbs of that was catalogs. They KNOW. 

Anyway, I ended up getting 2 pairs of zocks, 2 breeches, and some new field boots. I tried to sprint up our crazy steep stairs before I even started breaking them in, and that is basically the worst idea ever. 100% do not reccomend. They're pretty broken in right now. Like, I mean, I could ride in them if I wanted to but I couldn't just chill around a show all day or anything. I'd amputate my legs if I had to do that. Anyway, I'll do some reviews as of today. I don't know about durability or anything though, because I've only had them for a day.

Ovation Zocks will kick this post off. THESE ARE KILLER. They are really soft, stretchy, and lightweight! Perfect for riding in warmer weather. I was running around in black breeches and tall boots today in 85 degree, humid as all get out weather and my feet weren't hot at all when I finally got out of my boots. I really reccomend these. I'm not expecting them to last very long, though. With as thin as they are and as bad as I abuse tall socks, just a few weeks will be saying a lot with these. 


No comments on the mess in my room. Just don't even. The next item on the list is my Ashley breeches! I got them from a super nice lady on the HGS Forum. They're full seats, black and gray. I haven't ridden in them yet, but I've seriously worn them to lounge around the house and everything for like 2 days now. I'm totally in love with these breeches! Plus they look killer on me. Just sayin'. I'm really tempted to buy more in various colors! These are 32s if you were wondering, I'm 6ft and the last time I checked I was 145lbs, but I think I've lost some weight since then. 


Moving on to my new Devon-aire knee patch breeches. I got these from my neighbor because she doesn't have horses or ride anymore. They were pretty dusty and the knee patches were sticky, but I washed them and got them back to normal. Unfortunately they rubbed the sticky stuff off on my boots so I didn't wear them very long at all. They're RIDICULOUS to get on, but pretty comfy afterward. I love how bright white they are! They look really professional with my boots! High waist breeches being a reoccurring theme here, I don't know what's up with that. I've never had high waist anything before so..


And as you've seen in the past few pictures, we finish up here with my Devon-Aire field boots. I really want Parlanti's, but with how I tend to abuse boots I went with the cheapest I could do. I actually really like these so far! They are pretty much broken in after only a few hours of wearing them! I wish the front of the shaft was more flattering, but for cheap boots I'm not complaining. Plus my calves are tiny so yeah go figure. They look wonky in the picture because I have massive feet. They actually look really great in person! Note that I haven't polished them or anything yet, so this is how they come out of the box. 


Overall really happy with all my purchases. Kind of mad at UPS because I have proof that they sat around for almost an entire day without processing my order, but yeah. Still waiting on my custom rope bosal bridle to get in. Suddenly getting NO customer service from the lady making it, which infuriates me, but it should be here soon. I'll have blonde butt model it for the blog when it gets in. Let's hope that a horse size will fit his oddly shaped pony head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment