Monday, July 14, 2014

New farrier

Today was Ray's first mani-pedi since last fall when Ricky beat him for no reason. At first I caught him and walked to the house to meet Jason, but it started raining so we went back to the barn. 



Jason is a freaking saint. Enough said. He was kind, patient, willing to do stuff like open barn doors when my hands were full of pony, he didn't beat the brat boy.. I literally have no complaints about him! This was ray's first time getting shoes on so he kicked a bit when the nails went through, but Jason just held his leg until he stopped. He was definitely working with both ray and I the whole time to get it done as easy as possible so it wouldn't be too traumatic of an experience for the beasty boy. Ray really liked him too! After a while, Jason could just reach down and ray would lift his hoof and put it in his hand without even being touched! And Jason didn't complain a bit when ray chewed on dirt and smeared it all over his back and butt. I think I've found the perfect farrier, guys. You can all go home.

Plus he offered to put hoof conditioner on ray before he left. Just because he wanted to be perfect I guess, I don't know. 










No comments:

Post a Comment