Sunday, July 20, 2014

Meet the girls

Once I figure out names and personalities a bit more, I'll update my 'introductions' post from forever ago. Either way, I had a 6 hour drive yesterday in the rain to the middle of nowhere south of Nashville to pick up the girls! Here's a basic introduction of them.


The first is a 6 year old sorrel overo paint mare. Her sire is Dip N Gold, and her dam is Diamond Kristy. She's got scars like crazy and her ribs show a bit. She's more wary of humans and cautious, but definitely prettier. She was scared of some pretty irrational stuff yesterday, but today she was a lot more brave about stuff and didn't really mind us at all. She was nosy when we went to see them yesterday, and was following us around and stuff, so I think she might just have to get used to the new area and people. 






The second is a 6 year old dun quarter horse mare. Her sire is Peppy St James, and her dam is Sands Friday. They had her advertised as buckskin, but the leg barring and dorsal stripe give it away. As far as white markings, she has none. She's really plain to look at, but so far she's proven to literally be the female version of Ray. She's curious and brave, and really in your pocket. She's got a few scars as well, and doesn't like ropes flying around one bit. I sacked her out with the lead while she grazed, but if I didn't start off slow she would freak out.




I'll work them a bit in the corral tonight, but training won't start until they get used to the area and me some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment